Friday, February 17, 2017

Harriet:Nov. 15, 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dearest friends,
I hope you had a good week. For me it was the same old same old. The weather is getting warm for this time of year. I think that we could have an early spring. But I think Mother Nature will say at some point, wrong! Time will tell.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Harriet:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                   Chicago Ill
                  Nov 14, 1928
Dearest Sweetheart of Mine
Received your dearest letter
some days ago and sure was
glad to hear from my sweetie again.
Please excuse me for not
answering sooner but have been
working over time this week
so didn't get any of my letters
answered.
You will excuse me this
time. Won't you honney.
It has been so rainy here
lately and to-night it is so
windy it almost blew us off
the side walk coming home.
You asked if Margaret was still
with me. Yes she is still here
rooming with me.
we are going to a show
to-night.
Going to see Our Dancing Daughters
sounds good doesn't it ha!
Have you heard from Walter yet.

              =2=
he called me couple nights ago
and asked if I had heard from
you lately. Got teased but it
sure is a good thing that I am
use to it.
Well what do you know?
Anybody else getting married up there.
Must be a game around Ogema
lately.
You sure must be getting your
house all dolled up. Sure wish I
could see it.
Ans also that pretty buffet
you got.
Honney please excuse this
terrible scribbling but Margaret is
pestering me as usual. So if it
isn't perfect don't blame me.
Well Sweetheart guess I will sign
off for this time.
With hope a mile loads of "love & Kisses"
                             Your Everlasting
                             Sweetheart
                              Harriet
Please
answer sooner
then I did
Honney                   (SWAK)xxxxxx

I wonder how long Margaret stayed with her.
It sounds like Grandpa was still working on the house.
I looked up the show she said they were going to see.
Image result for our dancing daughters

This was a silent drama film in 1928.
Starred Joan Crawford and John Mack Brown.
It was about the loosening of youth morals that took place during the 1920's.
This film helped make Joan Crawford a major star.

If you go to Wikipedia you can read the summery.
I wonder what this story would look like today if it was made.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:


"Sea Food," reads the sign, and why not? Unprecedented floods in the east have resulted in
the streets of Easton, Pa. being under several feet of water, as the street signs show. The cus-
tomers in the boat are being served by the owner of the tavern.- Associated press Wirephoto.

I wonder how many customers were served this way and how often it happened.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:


No idea when this picture was taken or who is in it.

Well that's about all I have to show you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment