Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Harriet: Nov. 27, 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was fairly uneventful. I did kind of twist my ankle a little but it's fine. A little sore but OK. I know what was I doing that this happened. Well, I am involved in the local Community theater. I'm back stage manager. I forgot about a platform and stepped off it wrong. believe me I will not forget about it again. The play we are doing is called "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike". The performances will be this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 each night.So if you find yourself in Medford any of these nights and looking for live entertainment, come let us entertain you.
Anyway here is the next letter from Harriet, I think:

  As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

Dear Sweetheart
If of me you always think
Send me back a bow of pink.
If of me your heart is true
Send me back a bow of blue.
If you want to be my fellow,
Send me back a bow of yellow.
If of me you always dream,
Send me back a bow of green.
If you want me for a wife,
Send me back a bow a white.
If for me your heart is dead,
Send me back a bow of red
          Anxious
P.S. If the writers hand you guess
Send this back to her address
               Without fail
                  Just me.

Well it's a nice poem. I wonder if he sent a bow back and if so what color was it.
I guess I'll never know.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

 This picture, taken Monday morning, shows five of the seven CCC boys on an ice floe in
Cape Cod bay. They had been marooned 22 hours when this picture was taken. A short
time later they were rescued by coast guardsmen.

I wonder what they were doing out there that they got stranded.

Here is a cartoon that was in the scrap book:

"Look on the society page and see if you find out where I was last night."

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

No idea who this is or when it was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment