Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Harriet: Nov. 2 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. The weather was kind of cold and breezy on Saturday. On Sunday it was a little better. We put more wood in the basement so we are good again for awhile before we have to put more in.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Harriet:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                  Chicago Ill
                 Wednesday- 1928
Dearest Sweetheart"
Received your dearest letter and
to sure was glad to hear from you
again.
Are you having any winter weather
up there yet. It has been quite cold here
for the last week but have no
snow yet ha! ha!
Well to-night is "Halloween" So
suppose you have some pranks
on your mind eh!
A bunch of us girls are going to a dance
all dressed up in overalls pretending
we are some farmers ( from Ogema)
ha!
Don't you wish you could
see us We might be liable to
take the first prize of beauty-
No kidding ha!

               -2-
went to a Halloween party last Sat. night
and sure did enjoy myself.
Walter called me the other night sure
did surprise me.
I told him to hurry up and answer
your letter. I hope he took my advice
If he didn't just let me know
You asked me about Buff color.
Yes dear I think that will be OK
as that is one of my favorite colors.
You are getting our (Bungalow of dreams)
all dolled up aren't you?
went to a show last night Saw
Clara Bow "In Fleet's in" It sure
was very good.
well "dearest" haven't much to write
about so hope you will excuse my
uninteresting letter this time will do
better next time.
Loads of love & Kisses
                 Your sweetie
                Harriet
  Answer
at Once         (SWAK)


It was Halloween time. I wonder if Grandpa had fun that year.
The post mark on the letter was Nov. 2. So it took her awhile to get it in the mail.
I wonder how often Walter got in touch with her.

  The actress, Clara Bow was born July 29, 1905 and died Sept 27, 1965 at age 60 of a heart attack.
She appeared in 46 silent films and 11 talkies.
She was known for being the original "it girl"
She married Rex Bell in 1931 and retired from acting and became a rancher in Nevada.

Image result for clara bow


Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:

(9) "To the health of the bride."

There was nothing printed on the back of this one.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Just as towns in Kenosha county were hoping to get some coal cars through with the arrival of a
railroad snowplow to clear a path into village switch tracks, the plow was wrecked, as shown
above blocking the railroad right of way. As a result a dozen towns are facing a shortage of
fuel until wrecking equipment can make its way through to clear the tracks. (Associated press Photo)

I wonder what happened to the plow. How did it get wrecked?

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

I wonder how many sleds of wood this tractor was pulling.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment