Friday, March 17, 2017

Harriet: Dec. 11, 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well, It's Friday, finally. It was a long boring week for me. Work was very uneventful for me. Which is not a bad thing. I just didn't have a lot to do most days. The only excitement I had was that Tuesday after I post the last post the internet went down. Not just for me but a very big area. I'm not sure when it came back on that night but I did notice that the light was lite on my box the next morning while I was getting ready for work.That was the extent of my excitement this week.
Anyway here is the next letter from Harriet.


   I'm not sure if this letter was put in the wrong envelope at some point or it didn't get in the mail until Dec. 11th.
As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                     Chicago Ill
                    Nov. 26 1928
Dearest Sweetheart of Mine,
Received your darling letter
and sure made me happy to
hear from my sweetie again.
well what kind of weather
are you having up at Ogema
It has been quite cold here lately.
Cold enough for me if i have
to say something about it.
Wish I was in California now
for the winter or we rather.
That's more like it.
Are there any excitement up
around there. Suppose soon you
will be going to the programs.
wish I was going with you.
As i sure remember some of
the good times I had up there
around that time.
I went down town Sat.
and bought myself a coat
Has a big fox collar & cuffs, It's a

                _2_
knock out. Wish you could see it
Gee only a few more weeks and
Christmas is here. How time flies eh
Won't be long now until i will
be back in Ogema with you honey
Won't that be swell.
Where are you going Thanksgiving
Don't know where I am going. Have
tickets for a ball game so may
go and may not. in the evening
we might take in show or dance
one or the two.
So Catherine & Johnnie are old still
going together. Ain't love grand. ha! ha!
It must be eh= So they say.
well sweetheart I haven't any news
that I can think of at present. May
have in I saw you in person.
So will close with loads of (love & Kisses)
                   To My only sweetheart
                         From
                     Your Darling
                       Harriet
Answer
immediately
               (SWMK)

I wonder if it was just put in the wrong envelope but I'm thinking it was.
Not much here.
I wonder if they did hook up at any point.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

The Munising (Mich.) Development club is completing its new slide and will hold its tour-
nament Sunday. Here is the tricky method used in erecting the slide. The horses in the fore-
ground pulled the rope which was attached to a toboggan. The toboggan was loaded with lumber for
the slide and pulled to the summit of the hill.

I wonder what it looked like once it was done.
I hope everyone had fun that day.

Here is a page from the joke book:

This is the first part of a bit that was done on the radio. I'll post the second part next time.

Here is a random picture:

All loaded up and ready to go!

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your Friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment