Friday, March 24, 2017

Helen Balusik: Dec. 20, 1928 Phillips, Wis & Christmas cards

Dear Friends,
It's Friday once again. My week was uneventful. But that can't said for other places. There was a shooting over Wausau way. Four people were killed. I'm not sure about all the details but it was a domestic disturbance gone way wrong. The suspect is alive and in police custody. But four innocent people are gone for reasons that are not fair. One was a police officer responding to the scene.Even though I do not know any of the people involved, they are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Enough of that. Here is the next letter and Christmas card from Helen:


  As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                 Phillips, Wis
                Dec. 19-28
Dear Howard:-
   Many thanks for
the nice box of candy
you send me. Surely
was sweet of you
May God bless you
in return.
Every time I take
one I will think of
you.
Nice and cold these
days, isn't it?
It sure is a busy
week going to nothing
but programs.
Christmas surely is
an exciting season

isn't it- I always am
glad when its over
with.
Well Howard, I hope
Santa is real good
to you he usually is
good to me.
Hope you have
the best Xmas you
ever have had.
      Lovingly
       Helen

Here is the Christmas card she included:

I like these old cards. To me they are more appealing then what is offered today.

Here is a second card:

No idea who sent this one. It was unsigned but the post mark on the envelope was post marked Milwaukee Dec. 18, 1928. The card itself was made in Germany.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:


High water or low, Saturday night still was bathing time and young flood refugees at Johnstown, Pa., had their baths as usual. This bathroom was improvised from blankets and the tubs were anything that would hold a youngster and water. The job may have been difficult, but Johnstown was spotless Sunday. - A.P. Wirephoto.

You must stay clean even in the middle of a flood.

Here is a page from the joke book:

Something to tickle your funny bone.

And here is a random picture for you to look at:

The one standing next to the car is Grandma. Not sure what year this was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
Enjoy your weekend.
And I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment