Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Mabel Elmblade: Dec. 12, 1928 La Grange Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well Spring has finally sprung. Or has it? There is no snow on the ground here right now, so I guess that is one sign spring could be starting. I'm so looking forward to it getting warmer and things to green up. Then I can start my next new adventure. Hiking the Ice Age Trail.Well right now it will be only done on weekends, weather permitting of course.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mabel:

As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

La Grange, Dec. 12-1928
Dearest Howard,
I received your most welcome
letter. Glad to hear from
you. also surprised. I am
fine. thinking of you. We
have nice weather. little
snow. Yes its Xmas soon.
I was over to see Lillian and
Alice is working in Evanston
yet. say Howard I often
wonder and think if you
could really love me if you
saw me. well seeing you
can't get away to come up
here I will try and come
out there. I am going to
get a job and I will try
and come up in the spring
if gods willing. My Bro Carl
has been hunting quite a
bit. he works at the
suburban Ice co. he has
a steady job.I will send you
a Xmas present. well dear
Howard I haven't more to
write this time. so Bye Bye
               Your Loving
               Friend
                   Mabel
                       E.
Write soon.
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx

Not a whole lot here. It is getting close to Christmas.
I wonder what kind of job she was able to get if one at all.
Was ever able to come and visit Grandpa?
I wonder what her brother did at Suburban Ice Co.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Mary, Martha and Margaret Servi, triplets born to Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Servi in their two-room
Langlade county farmhouse Nov. 7, will go home when warm weather arrives. They have been
at the Langlade County Memorial hospital since Nov. 11. An addition to the home will make it more
comfortable for the babies and their eight brothers and sisters.- Kingsbury Photo.

All I can say is that must have been a very crowded place to grow up. I wonder how big the addition was?

Here is a the next page from the joke book:

This is the second page of the radio show presenting Olsen and Johnson.
Plus a couple of other jokes.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

This is Topsy. Now this is putting your dog on a pedestal.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your Friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment