Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Mabel Elmblade: Dec. 3, 1928 Congress Park Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well, I had a good weekend. Our play went very well. All that saw it enjoyed it very much. Now I have to find other things to keep myself busy again now that I have nowhere to go at night.
Anyway, I wasn't sure at first if I should show this but then I thought, why not. So here are two kind of Sunday School papers sent from Mabel:




This is one paper.




This is the second one.

If you can zoom in on the different stories and poems.
It was a weekly paper that was published by "The Swedish Ev. Mission Covenant of America.
These papers are in good condition. They were kept in the envelope since 1928.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

Mrs. George Taylor, whose farm home is three miles east
of Waupun, brewed 10 gallons of coffee during the 36 hours
the bus passengers were her guests. Mine host, Mr. Taylor is
shown in the other pictures as he said goodbye to Evelyn Frish of
Madison.- Journal Staff Photos.

Would you take care of a bus load of strangers if something like that happened by your house?
Would many people do something like that today?


Here is a random picture for you to look at:

There is a good chance that this is Grandpa. No idea what year it was taken.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
Remember if you can try to read the different stories and poems from the papers. I enjoyed them very much.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment