Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Helen Balusik: Feb. 18, 1929 Phillips, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. We hiked about 10.91 miles on Saturday. It was on the chilly side but it it made the hike no to bad. The temps were in the high 40's I think. Sunday we stayed home and did things around the house. Plus it was on the windy side.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Helen:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                  Phillips, Wis.
                  Feb. 17-29
Dear Howard:-
    Sorry I am so late in
answering- Many thanks for
the Valentines-
  Well Howard, I won't have
much time to answer your
questions in the last letter but
anyway lets forget about
what was said about you.
I didn't think it was very
true anyway.
I am having company for
dinner today so I'll have to
put some speed on. Have to
make some extra desert &
can't think of what to have (Ha Ha)
Such a cook eh?
  I don't think I can go to
church today because pa is
going out and my brother
wants me to stay home keep
company with the rest of them.
It sure is cold all the
time, isn't it? Seems spring

is so far away yet- Gee Easter
comes pretty early this year
isn't it? Somewhere around
my birthday I guess- Ha Ha.
  Well Howard, I would
write more but the girls want
me to get through quick so
we can go skiing this after
noon.
  Will write more next
time.
      Bye Bye.
            Lovingly
                Helen

I wonder what kind of valentine did he give her?
It sounds like she had a lot of things to keep herself busy.
I wonder if she was able to answer the questions he asked.
Did he try to push her for answers or let it go?
I hope she had a good time skiing.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

This strange spectacle, an ox pulling a sleigh, has been a common sight on the streets of Munising, Mich., during the last few months. The conveyance is owned and driven by Charles Brown.- Mildred M. Keeton Photo.

Now that is something I would love to have seen. How about you?

Here is a page from the joke book:

I like these jokes. Enjoy.


Finally, here is a random picture:

Just one of the logging pictures. Because I think that at this time Grandpa could have been working at a logging camp.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment