Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Eluira La Lince: July 9, 1929 Minneapolis, Minn.

Dear Friends,
Well it's another week. I hope everyone had a good weekend. It was a half and half kind of one around here. Saturday was a nice one, for most of the day. Sunday was a hit and miss kind of rainy day. I really think we have had enough rain for awhile. But it's suppose to be a rainy kind of week. With all this rain it will take me a long time to get back to hiking again.
Oh well, you can't fight Mother Nature. She's going to do what she's going to do.

Anyway, here is a letter from a new girl. I think I've spelled her name right but I'm not 100% certain.
Her name is Eluira La Lince, I think:


 As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                   Minneapolis Minn.
                   July 9, 1929
Friend Johnson,
Brother John just came
back this morning and gave
me your address so that I
would drop a line and find
out how the world is treating
you.
The world is treating me fine
now adays- I am working
nights- go to work at six in
the evening and work till
midnite.
What do you do to pass
your time?

Heard things have changed
quite a bit since we left
Ogema.
I cannot Remember what
you look like- if you
have a picture of yourself
would you send me one?
I took pictures last Sunday
with my kid sister, if they
turn out alright will send
you one- If I get an answer
to this.
         Friend
         Eluira La Lince
            1522 Nicollet
             Formerly
               Eluire Matida

Well, like I said I'm not sure if I've spelled her name right.
It sounds like she use to live in Ogema and now lived in Minneapolis.
I wonder if she was married that her last name is different.
I hope there is a picture included. But maybe I've already shown one. I'd have to look through the ones I've already shown you.

Here is a scrap book picture:

"And you won't have to dig us out of any snowdrifts." That was the parting shot of Concor-
dia college students Saturday when they started out in six automobiles to distribute posters
advertising their glee club concert Feb. 23. They went prepared to do their own digging.

I wonder how many drifts they had to shovel that day? Now that is determination.
I would like to say, "The show must go on! And no snow storm will stop it from happening!"

Here is a page from the joke book:

 Enjoy.


Finally here is a random picture:

Not for sure who they are or when it was taken. I will say there is a possibility they are grandma with her sister and brother. But I'm not sure. Maybe someone will fill me in some time.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment