Friday, June 23, 2017

Genevieve: July 16, 1929 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the end of another week. Another wet one. All this rain is making it so hard for farmers to get their crops in. I just hope that soon it will ease up. Besides I'm on vacation this next week. Not sure what we will be during the week but at least I will not have to work. Yeah!
Anyway, here is a letter from Genevieve. This is the first one from her. But reading it, it sounds like she has written others. For some reason Grandpa did not save them or they got lost.



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what is says:

                Ge Whiz
               Jew-lie's 61st
Dearest Howard----
At'a boy just send
a litter more news. I'm
ever so sorry if all of
it was not in last
week, but the night I
wrote it Ray came and
we went up to Bert's so I
was in an awfull hurry.
Listen kid, can you
be up to Bert's Tu Wednesday
evening at about 7 or 7:30
because I have to go to
Rib Lake and I may come
up there alone if I'm
not there at 7:30 then
You'll know I went to
Rib Lake first, and
then I'll be up at about
9: or 9:30 P.M. but be

sure to be there from
7- 9:30 came out as soon
as a car stops cause
I want come in there
Did you have a lot
of fun entertaining my
brother Sunday! Guess
I'll come along next.
  But am I Welcome!
ha! ha!
What makes you
think Ray is mad
I'll tell you the truth
he said be dose not
like Walter and of course
as long as Walt was
with you he would
not stop. I don't know
why  but he just says
he don't care for him
Yesterday a guy came

         2
from Prentice his name
was Balng and he
wanted me to clerk
in the restaurant and
Hotel for him, you
should see the offer
he made me, I felt
like hitting him, will
tell you the rest when
I see you. haven't any
more time so must
saw Bert yesterday ha ha
Gee but its tough
to be lonesome and
blue miles and miles
away from you.
Please write a long
letter soon.
          Love & kisses
            Genevieve

She sounds like a kind an interesting person. Like for the date. She had a very interesting way of writing it.
I do wonder how often they got together.
There is a possibility that her letters might be mixed up in a wrong order. Just to warn you.
I wonder what Walter had done to make her brother not want to be around him?
I wonder how long he hung out with Grandpa?
I also wonder what the guy offered to her that she felt so insulted.
I think they hung out at Bert's a lot.
I'm looking forward to to see what else she will write in the future.


Here are a coupleof scrap book picture:


The city of Saginaw comes through! Crashing some of the worst ice packs in the history of lake navigation, the Pere Marquette line car ferry No. 31, shown at the upper left as it arrived back in Milwaukee, had to break its way through ice fields 24 feet high, some 20 miles off Ludington, Mich., as shown in the photo at the upper right. On the return trip the passengers witnessed,for the first time in history, solid ice from the Michigan to the Wisconsin shore.


I think these two picture belong together.
Now that is one icy looking ship.
I wonder if that kind of ice has happened since then.

Here is the next page from the joke book:

Enjoy. Some  are kind of corny, others kind of make you want to scratch your head or make you roll your eyes.

And here is a random picture:

Not sure who these guys are but I think they were up to no good. Notice the bottles and jug they are holding.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope everyone has a very good and safe weekend.
Don't forget to drop by real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment