Friday, October 13, 2017

Edna: Oct. 22, 1930 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the end of yet another week. It was an uneventful week for me. The weekend looks like it is going to be on the rainy side. Too bad we could not sent our extra rain to California. I think they could use it. I wonder if they know how they started. So many houses destroyed and lives lost. How many more horrible things will happen before the end of this year?
Anyway, here is a letter from Edna, I think:


Since it is a nice typewritten letter I will not copy it.
Is for the clippings she mentioned, I don't know where they are or what they were. This letter was not in an envelope. it must have gotten lost somewhere along the time.
It sounds like her life was a busy one.
I know the game Bunco has been mentioned before so I will not explain it. I did find it and I do have it. It's an interesting dice game.
I think she was talking about Ed's medical issue with his appendix . I wonder how long it took him to get back on his feet.

Here his a picture from the scrap book, 1936:

Thirteen-Year-Old Jimmy McDermott of Toledo, Ohio,
holds his sister, Ruth, 4, to illustrate how he carried her out
of his gas filled home. He heard his mother fall Saturday night,
ran downstairs, where he found his sisters Jean, 11; Margaret, 9,
and Ruth, overcome by gas fumes. He carried Ruth out and sum-
moned help for the others. Firemen revived them.

A hero for a time gone by.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":



More humor about husbands and wives. Enjoy...

And here is a random picture:

I don't know who they are. But I'm sure someone will tell me.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment