Friday, November 24, 2017

Edna: July 9, 1931 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a very good Thanksgiving. Mine was good. The family got together at my parents house for supper. All had a good time. The weather is a little warmer then I think it should be for this time of year around here. But that was okay.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Edna, aka, Eddie:

Since it is a nice typed letter I will not repeat it, just comment on it.

Not a lot to comment on. Just people taking vacation and her planning on coming for a visit up here. I hope she was able to surprise her folks like she wanted to and that Grandpa did pick her up.

Here is a picture from the scrap book, 1936:

Upstate where there is still snow, Emil Chich, a dairy farmer
near Weyauwega, believes not only in keeping warm and his
vision clear but in keeping track of the time. He has pasted in
his cab a snappy calendar for use if he should get stuck in a drift
for a week or two. The windshield wiper is a brooder lamp with
old hose to conduct the kerosene fumes. One picture shows the
exterior of the sled and the other the interior. The milk cans are
behind the cab.- Journal Staff Photos.

Now this is an interesting story. I wonder how often he got stuck in drifts that he had to wait along time to  be able to get out of them. Or was this just a tall tale back then. I guess I will never know.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs", 1956



Another two page joke starting on the first page. Enjoy.

Finally a random picture.


I wonder what is at this spot today. It looks totally bare here. I bet it's all grown up again.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope everyone has a very nice weekend. And if you are one of those Black Friday shoppers, I'm not, be careful  and I hope you are able to get all the things you think you need to have.

I hope you come back real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment