Friday, November 17, 2017

Edna: May 21, 1931 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well, it's the end of yet another week. Mine was quiet. The only thing I did different was attend auditions for our next play. I will be doing the back stage once again. The play we are doing is called, "Escanaba in the Moonlight." if you are a hunter it is something that will be very interesting to see. The production will be Feb. 1, 2 and 3 2018. I'll try to remind you about it later. This weekend in Wisconsin is the start of the gun season. The husband will be going out as often as possible till he gets a deer.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Edna:


Since it is typed, I will not be rewriting it. But I will comment.
It sounds like everyone had a good time during the annual conference. 
The garden party sounded like a very interesting time. I would love to have an experience like she had.
And for the men to share their silver cup with the girls was very nice. I wonder how long this cup was kept on display. To bad she couldn't have gotten a picture of it so we could see what it looked like.
Watching the air maneuvers must have been a very interesting distraction. I wonder how many years and how often they did this. But like she said it was very distracting for drivers that it could have caused a number of accidents. With 600 planes fling around the lake must have been very noisy too.

Here is a picture from the scrap book. 1936:


 Because he and his wife battled Walworth county deputies when they were evicted from their farm home in the town of Sharon, Ernest Kalb received a six-month suspended jail sentence in Elkhorn Thursday on condition that he suppose his family. Mitchell was hit on the head by Mrs. Kalb and Deputy Herbert Gebler is shown with the dinner bell Mrs. Kalb sounded in an attempt to rally "minute men" when the deputies appeared Thursday morning.- Journal Staff Photo.

This was one picture but I had to scan it in two parts. 
Now that sounded like a very interesting encounter. I like the dinner bell she used to try and rally the troops.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs". 1956:



Enjoy.

Finally, a random picture:

I think this was taken in maybe the late 1950's or early 1960's. during someones class trip. I think it is a view of New York from maybe the Empire State Building. I could be wrong. I've never been there.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
If your a hunter, be safe and bag the big one.
Don't forget to come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment