Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Margie: July 21, 1931 Westboro, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Did you go shopping over the weekend? I tried not to. I'm one who does not like to be in those kind of crowds, they make me nervous. I also don't like to shop on line. Not my cup of tea.  The weather around here is very warm for this time of year. I just hope we will at least have a little bit of snow when it comes to Christmas Day. Right now there is a lot of brown showing with no snow and no real ice on the different lakes or rivers.I still keep expecting for winter to really hit us full steam.
Oh well, here is a letter from someone named Margie


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what is says:

                Home
             Tues. 10:00 o'clock A.M.
Dear Howard:-
                 I just got
the great news from the
Milwaukee Journal and
since I know you are
interested I'll send you
the numbers I had were
25-215-227. Will you
please send them to me?
Thanx a whole lot!
am going to town this
a.m. so got to hurry.
                 Your friend
                   Margie
P.S. I am sending the old 
sections back to you as you
might want them.

Well, I don't know who this is. Or even if there are any more letters from her.
I wonder what those number mean and what was the great news from the Milwaukee Journal. Was it a random drawing she won or something like that?
Will the answer ever be found?

Well, here is a picture from the scrap book. 1936:

Safe on board the British ship Discovery II, Lincoln Ellsworth
(left) and his companion, Herbert Hollick- Kenyon, are shown
in the clothing they wore when they were rescued at the Bay of
Whales, Antarctica._ A.P. Wirephoto.

I wonder why they had to be rescued. 

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs". 1956:



Enjoy.

Now, a random picture:

(Written on the back)
Tractor & Pulp racks
returning empty

No idea when this was taken or who is in it.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a very nice week.
Don't forget to come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment