Friday, November 3, 2017

Edna: Jan. 29, 1931 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well the week is finally over. I can only hope the weekend will be better. The husband's foot is still sore and he is still having a hard time walking on it. It did not stop him from hunting. He managed to get a seven pointer. Now he can finally relax more, I hope.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Edna:


Since it is so nicely typed I will not be retyping it. But I will make my usual comments.

I hope you she enjoyed her time spent with Edward and Gladys.
It sounds like she had a very busy and good time during Christmas and New Years.
All the presents and parties, it sounds like she had a wonderful time.
It sounded like she was able to be entertained by some guys doing something stupid. It's to bad what happened to everyone involved. see people were doing just as dumb things back then as they are today.
I wonder if Grandpa had a party and if all had a good time. The question were they sober or not.
Did he drop in on her dad is how things were going for him and then tell her what was what.
I wonder if it took them long to get moved into their new place.

Here is a picture from the scrap book: 1936

A study in black and white- two sets of quintuplets must be cared for by Louis Dauers, 2840 N. Hackette av. Those in front are Sealyhams and those in rear are Scotties.- Journal Staff Photo.

Someone is still on the quint kick I think.

Here are a few pages from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs":1956



Joke for the road. Enjoy.

Now, a random picture:

Monkeys in Como Park, St. Paul Oct. 1, 1960

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment