Friday, February 23, 2018

Estella Oros: Nov. 26, 1932 Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
Well, it's the end of yet another week. Mine was the usual hum drum kind of week. Which is fine with me. Drama somethings is very over rated. My weekend will be short as I have to work on Saturday. I just hope the weather won't make things to challenging.
Oh well, here is the next letter from Estella:




As always, for those of you that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says;

                    Gary Ind.
                  Nov 22, 1932
Dear Howard+
I received you letter and was
glad to hear from you. My
arm is better now. I can
write now I sure am glad.
You said that you wish that
you were here but I still think
that Wis. is better boy do I
wish that I was out there
The weather is terrible cold
out here gee do I wish
that was was going hunting
with you too. I wonder if you
can send a deer head to me
and I would pay for it
I sure would like to have one.

If I would have away going
out there I sure would be your
partner at that dinner.
It sure is hard time out here
to because I have know job
The jobs are bad out here.
Last night I had a party for
my brother frank we sure
had a good time gee I wish
that you was here you sure
would have a good time we stay
up till 4 o'clock in the morning.
I gave my girl friends William
Westberg address and I think
that she will write to him.
What is your cousin name
my be I know him (maybe.)

You ask me how I would like
to go there. gee I would love
to go and work.
I got my prize today for
being the best dancer.
Sunday evening I got
a beautiful seat of dishes
My cousin Ann was here
when the mailman gave
me the letter what you
send to me. Have a good
time at the dinner. I sure
am sorry that I can
be there. I went for Thanks-
giving dinner. Thu. eat deer
meat for me to. please HoHo.

My sister is getting married
in Jan. So I won't go no place
on till it's over gee I don't
know what else to write right
now. So good by and good luck
with your hunting because
I want the head please.
Till one of your boy friend to write
to this girls address
Miss Emma Molnar
1000 Monroe
   Gary Ind.
                With Love
                Estella Oros
               xxxxxxxxxx
write soon
please       Howard
                 Johnson
                  Love

I wonder if she ever received that deer head. Did Grandpa send her one. Can you imagine sending a deer head through the mail today?
Grandpa did have a number of head mounts around their house. I hated those things. It was the eyes. They followed you where ever you went.
I think she said she got a prize for being the best dancer.
Did they ever meet up at any time.
So much that has faded away never to be known by anyone again.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

What may be their last birthday celebration together was observed Thursday by the Prenzlow
triplets (Left to right) Eleanor, Verna, and Violet, of 3217 N. second st. Vera will be married in
June to Elmer Gross. How old are the girls? Well, if you won't tell anyone, they are 27.- Journal
Staff Photo.

I'm sure that once they all were married they still celebrated more birthdays together. It must have been a slow news day.

Here is a joke from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs". 1956:

 I wonder why he was so worried about towels. Must have been a huge problem. But, did the chambermaid get away?

Finally a random picture:

I think this was taken at Copper Falls. Not for sure who they are. But I might have shown you one similar to this one before.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
 Have a good weekend. I'll try, even though I have to work tomorrow and it's suppose to snow again this weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment