Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Gladys: June 9, 1933 ; Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I hope everyone had a very nice weekend.Mine was good. It did snow Saturday morning, about 6 inches. I wasn't sure if the husband could get it plowed out but he did on Sunday. You would think that would be the end of the snow but it's not. It's snowing right now. When it's all said and done who could end up with over 11 inches more. I really wish Spring would stand up and tell winter to knock it off. It's Spring time. I want to see green grass and green trees. Plus the flowers should be getting ready to shine. It feels more like Christmas time not Easter time.
Enough whining, here is the next letter from Gladys:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                       June 9-33
Dear Howard:-
  Well we got back here
O.K. but I've been so dreadfully
busy since our return. and
the weather has been so very
hot and still is. yesterday
the temperature was 97 in
our apt. So think what it
must have been outside
in the sun.
  Well seeing you went
riding with the other Gladys
on Sunday! you did not
get your picture taken
like your little brother

Now I wish you would send
me Thomas's address as I
want to mail a picture to
him so do send it soon please.
It was so nice of you to take
us too & from the station
again this time.
Well I must close now
hope to hear from you very
very soon.
            as ever
            Gladys
399 Fullerton pkwy
c/o C.A.Avery.

It sounds like she might have been visiting around here.
It sounds like it was very hot at that time. 97 in the apartment. I wonder how many people got heat stroke at that time.
I wonder if she got Thomas's address and if she was able to send him a picture.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

This little boy kind of looks like he could have been one of the Johnson boys.

Here is a joke from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

So true.

Finally a random picture:

This is Grandpa and Thomas. I think Grandpa is with the first team.
I wanted to show a more summer picture. Maybe Mother Nature will get a hint and finally make it stop snowing.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment