Friday, April 6, 2018

Estella Oros: June 19, 1933 Gary Ind.

Dear Friends,
I hope your week was a good one. Mine was fine until I found out I have to work Saturday plus start two hours earlier on Monday. No one at work is in a very good mood. With all the over time we have to put in tempers are getting shorter and shorter. I wish they would start to think about the work force they have and stop over committing us.
Oh well, enough whining. Here is a the next letter from Estella:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                           June 19, 1933
Howard Old Pal
     Don't be to surprised to
hear from me I'm only Estella
How is the world treating you
sure is hot out here how is
everything out there is there
lot of work have you got my
job yet do you have time to
come out hear and get Anna
& I and go back to Wis. I sure do
wish I so out there. Gary
sure is bad you can't get a job
out hear Dear Howard i don't what
else to write but the next time
will write more but if you have
time please come down to Gary
we will pay half of the gas so
good by pal
                  Your Truly
                   Estella
                     xxx

Boy does she want to get out of Gary. I wonder it she ever left. And if she did where did she end up.
There was a picture included. Very bad to see. I did my best to see if it could be made out. Here it is, you be the judge:

It says Estella on the back. I did the best I could to at least see that there is a body in the picture. But it did not work well.
History that has faded about totally away.

Here an story from The Milwaukee Journal, Thursday, March 19, 1936:


I'll be trying to show as many of the stories as I can from this page of the Milwaukee Journal. Some are too big to scan right. I will try the best I can.

Here is a joke from the "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:


 Anything to entertain yourself.

Here is a random picture:

Taken during someone's class trip.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
 Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment