Friday, April 27, 2018

Flambeau Paper Company: Oct. 6th& 23rd 1933; Park Falls Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well the weekend is finally here. It looks like it suppose to a fairly nice one around here. I would like to go hiking but I want to wait till the creeks are not so full. I need to get back out in the woods soon. The pull is getting stronger to start hiking.
Anyway, here are a couple of letters from the Flambeau Paper company:


Since they are typed I don't see any reason to rewrite them.

It looks like Grandpa was looking for places to sell some logs.
I wonder if he got the contract.
Flambeau Paper Company is still in business today. But it has been having to do some cutting back lately. Times are always changing. Sometimes for the good sometimes not so good.

Here is a story from the scrap book. March 19, 1936 The Milwaukee Journal:

This is a story that was on the front page.

Here is a joke from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

So true.

Finally, here is a random picture:

I thought that since there were a couple of letter concerning logging, I would show you one.
No idea when this was taken.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you have a very nice weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment