Friday, April 13, 2018

Ethel and Earl G. Aug. 26, 1933

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was so so. I do have to work this Saturday, darn. Oh well, that's life. The weather is suppose to not be very nice. Rain with maybe some snow thrown. Winters way of still hanging on just a little longer.

Anyway, here are two little notes that were not in envelopes. One is dated and one not.:

As always, for those of you that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

Dear Howard,
Its me again
Say was wondering
if you'll do me a
favor to-morrow
night I'd like to
have you take us
to wellington. If you
aren't busy come over
this way ---------
- to-morrow then we
can talk more about
it okay?
  Will be seeing
you
   Love Ethel

I wonder if he picked them up and if they were able to talk about it. I wonder what it was?

           Howard Johnson
           Earl Garjenn
Between   Aug 26-33
If roan horse
is not a good
worker and about
j eight years old
I agree take said
horse back in exchange
for one that is
and roan is to
be service able sound
    Earl Georgeson

I'm not sure if I got some of the words right. I tried.
It almost sounds like someone got a horse and maybe wanted to return it.
At least that's how I understood it.
How about you?

Here is a story from  The Milwaukee Journal Thursday, March 19, 1933:

 It's to bad he had to feel like that was the only way out.
He must have made a huge mess of things.
How many other people lives were messed up from his actions?

Here is a joke from the joke book, "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

 An old favorite.

Finally a random picture:

Maybe this is the horse in question.
Ya never know.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment