Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Last three letters from 1933

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. We spent Saturday with our youngest daughter who is now 30. Yesterday was a nice day also. We did spend the day at home but I had house work to do. it is really feeling like it should for this time of year. But I'm still waiting for my plants to start growing more.
Anyway, here are the last three letters from 1933. two letters and one Christmas card:


This is the first letter. It looks like the first page was written by Grandpa and the other side by S. Stryk:
I think this one is very easy to read so I will not rewrite it.

Here is the second letter:

I will copy this one for those that find it hard to read:

                          12-20-33
H.H. Johnson
Ogema wis.
Dear Sir,
   I am paying 350  per cord
of Hemlock Pulp wood 4oo for
Balsam and 7oo for spruce
F.O.B. cars Ogema Wis. All wood
must be 4" on small end 100'
long and must be free from
any Burned or Bark Blackhand wood
if you any to load out let
me know and I send you
Billing for some
                You Tuly
                Martin Mueller

These two letter deal with selling wood. I wonder if he got both of these chances.

Now here is a Christmas card:


                Post mark is Dec. 20, 1933 Evanston Ill.
                From Helen B.

Here is a story from March 19, 1936:

Now this was a very busy gang. I wonder what kind of sentences they got for their crimes.

Here is the last joke from the joke book "Bedtime Laughs" 1956:

It sounds like they couldn't get away from each other even in death.

I will see if I have any other kind of jokes that I can share with you.

Finally, a random picture:

I thought that with two letters talking about logs, I would show another logging picture.

Well, that's all I have to share with you today.
Have a good week and don't forget to drop by again for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment