Friday, June 8, 2018

Mrs. J.C. Albers: March 27, 1934 Phillips, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was very calm and quiet. Just the way I like it. This weekend we will be celebrating our granddaughters 1st birthday. It should be a nice day. At least we hope so.
Anyway, here is the next letter from J.C. Albers:


As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                       Phillips, Wis.
                         Mar 27, 1934
Dear Mr. Johnson,
    I'm writing you again about
your incubator, if you haven't already
sold it, please save it for me. I think
I can get part of the money by about the
middle of April & the rest perhaps by the
first of May. I'll try hard anyhow.
I'll have your quilt done by the middle of Apr.
too and I wonder if you could deliver them
both at that time, if I haven't all the
money I'll let you take as security my
set of community silver, until I can pay you
the balance. please let me know at once
if you can do this, as I have earned a
goodly lot of duck eggs & would like to
set them as soon as possible, and then
perhaps run out a batch of turkey eggs,
(they are just starting to lay now.
I may be able to have more than half
the money by the time mentioned and
perhaps earlier I'll try as hard as I can.

I've got a lad in bed now with what seems
to be rheumatism and it seems like both
days and nights just sail by. I can't get done
as much as I'd like.
Hoping to hear from you in a few
days, Very truly yours.
                          Mrs. J.C. Albers
                                   Phillips
                          Rt 3           Wis
P.S.
Does the incubator need any repairs such
as thermostat wafers etc?

Well, it looks like they are still trying to come to a deal for the incubator. Hopefully all worked out for the best. I also she was able to hatch out a lot of ducks and turkeys that year.
And that Grandpa got the quilt.

Here is a story from Thursday, March 19, 1936 from The Milwaukee Journal:

   I wonder how long this went on at that time. Also I wonder what triggered this rioting.
It does not matter what time you live, violence will always be there.

Here is a story from "Fate" January 1950:

Most people that drink to much, usually don't eat much food. But I think the opposite is true. People who drink too much, do not have good eating habits, usually.

Since there has been so much talk about hatching eggs, I thought I would show a picture that I've already shown:


Someone with a bunch of chickens. No idea what year this was taken.

well, that's all I have to share with you today.
Have a good weekend.
I also hope you will come back soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment