Friday, June 1, 2018

Helen Balusik: March 12, 1934; Evanston, Ill.

Dear Friends,
Well, I made it through another week with no drama. How about you?
I am looking forward to the weekend. I just hope Mother Nature will make it a very pleasant one.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Helen:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what I think it says:

                 Saturday Night
                    9 P.M.
Dear Howard:-
    here I come again,
do you mind? Wish I could
take a peek in to your
window tonight to see what
you are doing. I suppose
you are having that party
and here I have to stay
at home.
  You know your letters
are very interesting- but
don't kid me that I am
getting sweeter all the time
for every body knows what
an old crab I am. I go
by streaks in my nature.
I will have an open heart
and send you these two
snapshots of myself- They
aren't good but what can I

expect of myself- they can't draw me
any different then I am- ha ha!-
I will be waiting for yours when
ever you have some on hand.
I thought you had some brilliant
ideas for deserts- now I will know
where to ask for information
about cooking, won't I? I think
men know more about good
foods better then women only
that they don't get as much practice
as the women.
Do you think that I believe that
you had only relatives in your
car going to that birthday party
that Sunday afternoon I know
that wouldn't have been so
enjoyable- What I pictures instead
was some young nice blonds
with their arms around Howard
& singing to beat the band- Now
haven't I guesses right?
A little bird told me you had a
very good heart and very generous
now wasn't that the truth?
I often wish I had a nice sweet
way about myself and not only
think of myself all the time.
  Gee, don't you love the thought
of spring being soon here. I do think
thats such a wonderful season
especially for romance- ha! ha!

Well Howard, perhaps if I had some
one to talk to & amuse me tonight I wouldn't
be so sleepy. Am so glad I am
off tomorrow afternoon then
I can finish your letter
well bye by & be a good
boy.
Sunday P!M.
Am ready to go out now, I couldn't finish
your letter last night was too sleepy.
Now I wish you were all ready with
your car waiting for me in the front
For its a grand day out- wouldn't
that be wonderful? Am going to
church like a good girl & see what else
I can learn in behaving.
              By By till next time
                  Sincerely Helen
(Here is the picture she included.)


She looks like a very nice person to me. How about you?
I wonder what kinds of deserts he suggested to her?
Do you agree with her about men just might be better cooks then women?
Not my husband. I do wish he did, but I would still have to clean up the mess he would make afterward.
I hope he did enjoy the birthday party.
As for Spring being a wonderful time, I do agree. But this year, I think Spring was forgotten. It feels like we went from Winter to Summer. How about where you live?

Here are a couple of stories from Thursday March 19, 1936; From The Milwaukee Journal:


 The first one is just one of the stories about the flood In Johnstown Pa.
Now that must have been a very busy phone.
The second story;
It kind of ends unfinished. Not sure if it was continued somewhere else. I just have the one page from the paper.

Here is a story from the magazine "Fate, November 1950:

 I like this story.
It makes a lot of sense to me. How about you?
But in the world we live in today, this is something that is next to impossible to do.

Well, I figured that since there was a picture included with the letter I wouldn't share another picture.
So, that is it for today.
I hope everyone has a very nice weekend.
Don't forget to drop by again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment