Friday, December 5, 2014

Anna; Nov. 18, 1924 Marinette, Wis

Dear Friends,
How are you? I'm looking forward to the weekend, kind of. We have to help our daughter move so it will be a very busy time for us. I'll be glad when it is over and so will the daughter.
Anyway here is the next letter from his cousin Anna. It's a long one, 8 pages. Ready of not here it is.








It's hard to read in some places so this is what I could make out.

                    Marinette, Wis
                    Nov. 18, 1924
Dear Howard:- I received
your card and found out
you were still living so
I thought I'd risk two cents
on a letter. Ha!
I have written a letter
to Rose and am looking for
an answer I'll write to Mary
soon. I am imagine you
are a dumb waiter when
you take Mary or Rose out.
It must keep you pretty
busy with two of them.

What kind of job have you
now? I am learning lot
of things that I never knew
before. I make the bread
and it is better than Mrs.
H. makes. Look who I practiced
on so no wonder. These
people are just lovely. I imagine
it would be lot different but
they treat me like one of
the family.
  Mrs. Lund and I are great
pals. I spend my Sundays
with her and than I over
there once a week anyhow
besides Sun. We go to

church on Sunday evenings
I got a job of making a
noise on the piano while the
people croak. The preacher
reminds me of you in some way.
I don't mean Rev. Lund but
Rev. Carlson. He is certainly
full of the dickens. He is so
blessed personal in his
sermons, say things about
Mrs. Lund mostly. Last Sun.
night he said, Anna don't
go to far we'll need you again
etc when I went down from the
piano after the singing was
over. He just did it to be
smart but we got it back
on him.

A man told him last week
the only reason he didn't kiss
a girl was he was afraid it would
not be right. Ha! that he wanted
to bad enough. Nobody could
say that about you. Ha! We
forgive him lots because he
takes us for rides and home from
church etc in his swell sedan.
 It seems nearly like home
because everybody is so friendly.
There are only a few girls my
own age but lots of boys but
you know I belong to the M.H.C.
I am invited to social over
to the English M.E. church
Friday night. I am going to
the Swedish M.E. Ekworth league

social Thur. night so I'm
afraid I won't get there Fri.
night.
Last Sun. night in church
I watched two women; out of
the corner of my eye. It was
funny because by their actions
I knew the one woman whom I'd
met was explaining to the other
who what & where I was. It
seems kind of funny to be a
freak from somewhere's Ha!
I get introduced to so many
people that I get them all mixed
up. I have met all the Swedish
M.E. I guess but every time
I'm with Mrs. Haslanger I meet
some of her bunch. Keeps me

busy remembering names as
well as faces.
Say I did lose my key to
my suit case. Would you
give it to Hannah and she'll
send it to me. I wrote to her
about it.
How is your mother and
Dad also Tom. Who is dish
washer now? You or Tom?
I bet curly is big now. Has
Ed found out why you named
him curly yet? I wish you
kids were here so I could
have a good laugh. I suppose
you kids as well as them
at home haven't got any

thing to laugh at now
when I'm gone "I suppose
you'll laugh at this to."
So you and Ed haven't
any other places to go but
to medicine shows? How
many bottle of iodine did
you get now? I bet it's a
load off your heart that you
got your first talk over with
Anna R. I wonder if she
thinks I am still smarter
or smart since I got on
riverside. Ha!
 Say kid you should hear
the Lund girls sing " Oh why
                        did I kiss that girl"

Mildred- (a girl I know very well)
and I had them singing it at a
social in church. Only a few
heard it. I got Mildned to ask
who taught them it they painted
to Carlson,We certainly had a
good laugh wished you could
 have seen it. I am always up
to tricks as usual.
I am not coming home
for Xmas. I promised I'd stay
till spring if not longer. I
am going to stay for something
different then.
I must quit or you'll need
to wear those specs of yours
for ever & ever.
I'll be looking for just as
long letter from you. Anna

Written along the side on the first page was: don't show this to no-body.- Ha!

Boy can she write or can she write. I know I got some of the words wrong. It sounds like Grandpa was seeing two girls at once. I wonder how long that lasted. All I know is they were not Grandma. They did not meet till in the 1930's somewhere.
I'm not sure what Anna's last name is. Maybe someday I will learn it.
As for the churches she mentioned I wonder if they are still around and if they are known by another name.
If sounds like she could be a lot of fun to be around.
I do have one update about a picture from the last post.The one with the hair do from the sixty's, her names was Helen Bahr. Thanks Aunt Jeanie for the I.D.

Now I will share with you a few random pictures.
There is a name written on the back but it is hard to read. I think it says Rosa Mignon. No idea when it was taken.


A couple more pictures that have no names on them.

Well that's about all I have for you today. It was such a long letter with a lot of info on about life for her at that time. I wonder whatever happened to her.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment