Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mary Kauer: Nov. 12, 1924 Rib Lake Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was quiet. On Sunday nite after dark, after hunting season officially close, I think we had a whole herb of deer in our yard. My husband said he counted at least 15. But I don't know if any of them were bucks. So who ever said the deer count was down could not have been in my neighborhood.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary.


 As always here is what it says:

                  Rib Lake Wisc.
                  Nov. 12, 1924
Hello Howard:-
     I almost forgot to
write to you so now
I'll do it -- right away
before I forget again.
How are you? I hope
fine the same as my-
self. I am kind of tired
because I was up at
our church fair last
night. I had about a
bushel of confetti in
my clothes after I got
home. It was quite cold
last nite but the folks

were all in. I saw my mother
so I'm not lonesome today.
 I saw Anna Roinila
Sunday Evening and she
said Rose was coming
home today, but I haven't
seen her. I thot she
would come in to see
me.
  Hows the weather
in Ogema? It rained here
yesterday and I hoped
it would snow but
nothing doing. This is
all the news I know so
goodbye        from
                    M. Kauer

Not a lot here. But I wonder what kind of church fair it was that there was confetti being thrown around.
There was one more thing she included with this letter. A cartoon from a paper.
I like what she wrote at the bottom.
Is this so? Me for an old maid.

It kind of makes me wonder if she wanted to get married or if she wanted to make sure others knew she didn't, at that time. I wonder how many relationships are like this. The guy is perfect before the ceremony but after they turn into a monster.  If your wondering about mine. It has it's ups and down like every relationship does. The monster inside is really just a puppy dog.

Anyway here are a few random pictures I choose to share with you.

   I don't know who these people are. The picture was taken in Algoma, Wis. at Wilbur Studio.

I'm not sure who they are but I chose this picture because it looks like a young girl and maybe her mother sitting on a porch enjoying each others company.

I have no idea who this is but I just had to share the hairdo she has. It's telling me this picture was taken in the 60's. What do you think?

Well that's all the news I have for you today.
so goodbye.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment