Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mary Kauer: Jan. 19, 1925 Rib Lake, Wis

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was uneventful. The weather was still a little colder then I like for this time of the year.
This next letter is dated Jan 8th but the envelope is marked Jan.19th. I'm not sure if it was put in the wrong envelope some time or if she dated it that way. Which looking back on a letter from a couple of posts ago I think getting put back in a wrong envelope is what happened.
Anyway here is the next letter.




As always here is what it says:

           Rib lake Wis
           Jan. 8, 1925
Dear Howard:-
   How is the New Year
treating you? I hope
fine the same as me.
Did that fortune of yours
come true? You said you
were to be married before
the end of 1924. Are you?
And will you give me an
introduction to your wife
some time? Well, I wish
you all kinds of good

luck.
  How are Emma & Ed getting
along? The same as before
she went to Canada? But
for heavens sakes don't
tell her that I asked
you.
How is your cold by this
time? I hope you are well
again. I was in bed the Sun-
day after Xmas with a cold
that I caught Xmas night
Did I tell you that we
went fire fighting after

our party? That's when I
got it. But now I'm fine
again and feel like a
million dollars.
  Rosie was helping out
at one neighbors last
week but now she's home
again. I'm glad I'm not at
home. Then they'd want me
to come and I'd rather
work for strangers. That's
not being very kind hearted,
is it?

Guess I'll quit now as it
is nearly ten o'clock. It's
time for good people to
say their evening prayers
         Love & good luck
         from M.K.

        % National

Not to much here. Just talking about their colds I guess. She was out late Xmas maybe sitting by a bonfire which is how she caught a cold.
She must be staying at the hotel in Rib Lake called National. I wonder why she does not stay at home with her family. I wonder if I'll ever find out why she is not at home. It sounds like she is working at the hotel. Saying she would rather work for strangers then her own family.
And as for Grandpa getting married, does not happen until the thirties.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

This is a picture of Mary. I wonder when this one was taken?

Right now I don't know who this is. It could be one of Grandpa's many female friends. Could be a relative also or just a neighbor girl.

I'm not sure who these boys are. I have an idea but I think I need a little help on it. I'm sure one of my family members will tell me, I hope.

Well that's all I have for you today.
So till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment