Friday, January 23, 2015

Mary Kauer: Mar.27, 1925 Rib Lake, Wis

Hello Friends,
I hope this letter finds you in a good mood and looking forward to a nice weekend.
Here is the next letter from Mary:





  As always here is what it says:

             Rib lake Wis
             Mar. 27, 1925
Dear Howard:-
  No, I'm not sore or
sick or dead either. I
guess I'm just lazy. I
did some sewing and
ch crocheting for myself
and then we started a
sewing club for the church
so you see I have a (poor
excuse) anyhow.

How did you like this warm
weather that we had.
Mrs. Pilon & I both had
spring fever if you know
what that is.
  What are you doing now?
Do you still have to get
up before breakfast and go
to work or are you home
again. I don't know whether
I'll be here all summer or
not as Hilda said that she
wants to leave. My sister
said I was to come home

this summer and keep
house. She is going to work
outdoors with dad and
she got a pair of overalls already.
Maybe I'll change places with
her since I can't cook
Did you hear about the scrap
that one of the Finnlanders had
here at the mill? I guess some
other fellows and the Finns girl
went thrue the mill and that
made him jealous. That's the
kind of a beau to have.
don't you think so?

There was an old Finn or Swede,
I don't know which, staying at
the hotel here for a couple
of days. Hilda laughed every
time she came out of the
dining room, because he
talked so Swedey.
 Well here's hoping you
haven't got smallpox or scarlet
fever 
                             Mary
One girl did here of scarlet fever
and now there's another one sick.

Not to much here. She was part of a sewing club at church. I wonder if she was a good sewer?
She makes it sound like the Finnish people were kind of trouble makers. 
I wonder who the old guy was that was staying at the hotel?

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

No idea who she was. It was taken in Appleton at a studio called Ross.

A group of girls from around the 1920's.

No clue who they are or what is going on.

Well that's all I have for you today.
I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment