Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mary Kauer: May 4, 1925 Rib lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
How was your weekend? Mine was good. I got a new car. So I'm enjoying the feeling of having a new car. Now the payments begin.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary:




The post mark on the envelope was May 4 but the letter is dated April 26. So it took her awhile to get it in the mail.

              Rib Lake Wis
              April, 26, 1925
Hello Howard:-
  Didn't you say I should
write once a month? I'll try
now but I haven't written a
 letter for so long that I'm
all out of practice.
  How are you? If you're as
well as I am then you're all
right. I've been a regular
farmer all the while I was
home. The rest were all

sick for a few days so I was
never out of a job. But now
they are tired of me so I'm
going back to town.
              Friday Night
Well, I'm back to Rib Lake
again and I haven't even
got ink here. So you'll
have to exqueeze me. This
letter ought to be long enough.
It took me five days to
write it. I spose your busy
farming now. Don't work

too hard tho. That makes
your hair gray. That's the
reason I'm getting so old.
Is Anna Roseen home yet?
I got a letter from Rose
today and she wanted to
know where Anna is.
Rose says she gets awfully
lonesome. specialy on Sundays
(For me of course) And who
wouldn't be lonesome for me?
  How is Anna Roinila?
Or don't you know anything

about her. I suppose she
is still at Youman's. Did
you call on her already
or did the weameryman
beat you to it?
  Well good bye & best
wishes from Mary
0/0 P. Bogumill

P.S. I'm working for a Polack
this time.

I wonder who she was working for? Were they polish or was Polack their last name? She should does do a lot of referring to people by what heritage they were.
I know there were a couple words that I was not sure of the spelling, sorry. Maybe you can figure them out and let me know what they are.

Anyway here are a few random pictures of old cars, in tribute to me getting a new one.

 I don't know who this little boy is. I'm not good at telling what kind of car this one is but I think it is the oldest of the three I am showing you.

This was taken at Grandpa and Grandma's house.

Must have been a get together at the home place.

That's all I have for you today.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment