Friday, May 22, 2015

Lillian L. Jan. 15, 1926 Marquette Mich.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Now hopefully the weekend will be be just as good.
There will be a get together this weekend for the Johnson clan. One of my aunts put together a book of genealogy of the Johnson's. i should hopefully be able to get some questions answered about some people I mention that are related. I'll keep you posted.
Here is the next letter which is from Lillian L. I've shown you one other letter form her awhile ago.




This is one of those extra challenging ones that I will say sorry if I get it wrong in typing it up.

       Marquette, Mich.
            Jan. 15, 1926
Friend:---
Howard Johnson:---
   Recid yaun
so long time ago
so am taking time
to scribble a few
lines be/4 time goes
too scarce. It sure
takes me time to
write a few lines.
I've been out
of work for one day
on account of my illness
haven't been feeling
just O.K. But am
felling better now
at least I hope I do.
A person has to be
sick sometimes, they

can't be well always.
This is my first
day for a year and half
since I been real
sick. Glad thing
I had to be away only
one day.
    The weather
is cold at present.
I imagine the same
there. I'm glad
Spring will be soon
again. Then probably
next summer will
take the brother to
Wisconsin if ever-
thing goes well might
a long. My friend &
I are going home
for summer & stay
for a while.

I'm tires of this
restaurant already
It gets a person
nervous to work
on customers, es-
pecially some of them
when the're crabby
& smart. But we
have lots of fun tho.
You can see different
sort of people all
the time. Oh hay
at summer it keeps
a person busy all
day long. I guess
about 3 more months
is enough.
 Well I hope
you are having
a nice time for
the New Year.
We go home

mostly every nite
cause It's so cold
& the guys in Marq-
uette are mostly all
married men.& tuffs
My friend is outside
of town so I stay
home.
I bet you would-
nt know me if you
saw me, cause I weigh
141 pounds & I'm grown
till Mrs. Rasi that I
weigh 141 pounds &
am only 17 years old
Same weight hey! eh
 Well, I'll have to
close, wish you good
                 luck.
      Yours truly
           Lillian
            Launett

I did the best I could to copy it but it was a challenge.
What did I learn? She's 17 years old and weighs 141 pounds. I don't know to many women now a days that would write that about themselves. She works in a restaurant. I wonder who her "friend" outside of town was? I wonder if Grandpa contacted her very often. And how did he meet her.
History that has faded from all memory.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who this is. It was taken in Providence R.I. at 2491/2 Westminster St.


 Another person I have no idea who it is. It was taken at Gibson Art Galleries in Chicago.

No idea who they are. I thought since it was taken in the winter time it fit with the time the letter was written.

Well that's about all I have for you today.
Enjoy your weekend. Most people will have three whole day off. I just hope mother nature cooperates.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment