Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mary Kauer: Jan. 11, 1926 Rib lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope your weekend was as good as mine. My youngest daughter got married. So I'm now a mother-in-law. We kept it small, yet still open. There were no dramas that I know of. This week I will be puppy and guinea pig sitting. I hope they don't provide the drama I have avoided this weekend.
Here is the next letter from Mary:




As always here is what it says:

                 Rib Lake, Wis
                 Jan. 11, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   I don't know whether
I'll b be able to write a letter
tonite or not. it was so
hot up here that I got a
headache and now I'm sleepy
so if I make too many mistakes
it's not my fault. I can't
even think of anything to
write. I washed my hair
today and I guess I

washed out all my common
sense. But I guess I'll be
all right by tomorrow morning.
Because they say (Early to bed
and early to rise, makes a man
healthy, wealthy, and wise.
  There's going to be a masquerade
here Friday evening and Mrs. Hypke
is busy making suits for Mrs.
Bogumill and Wilma. They are
going to be dressed alike in red
suits with long tight pants
and red caps with black tassels.

I wish it was summer so
more of the kids from the
country could come in.
Then I'd mask, too. But I'm
going over to look on, any-
how.
  Well. I hope you have
a good time at Swanson's.
But don't make Thomas
jealous again. All at once
he'll light into you and
you'll be going around with a
black eye. And say kiss
Inez for me when you

see her, will you?
By the way the wind blew
today it doesn't look as tho
you could come over again
Even if you are a big Swede
I guess the weatherman - thinks
you wasted enough gasoline
this summer.
  Well, so long, I guess this is
a pretty long letter, isn't it?
I hope you can read it.
   Good nite and good
luck from Mary.

 Not a whole lot here. I wonder what the occasion for a masquerade was. I also wonder what the two women were trying to be.  They sound like they would have looked very interesting.
I like the comment of washing her hair and washing her common sense out.
And of course the old saying. Who has not heard that one many times before?

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

I thought I would share another wedding picture since my daughter just tied the knot this last weekend. I do not know who they are.

I don't know the occasion for this picture. The only one I know for sure is Grandma. She is the one on the right.


 This one was taken when Grandma was was a lot younger then the one before.

Well that's about all I have for you this time.
So enjoy your week.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment