Friday, May 8, 2015

Mary Kauer: Dec. 26, 1925 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
I hope you had a good week. I did. Looking forward to the weekend. I just hope it's not to rainy. We need the rain but just not too much at once.
Here is the next letter from Mary:



As always here is what it says:

            Rib Lake Wis
             Dec. 26, 1925
Hello Howard:-
   How did you enjoy
your Xmas? Was Santa
Claus very good to
you or did he pass
you up? Margaret and
I played Santy here.
We went to church at
midnite and then
trimmed the tree
afterwards. It was about
4.30 when we got thru,
then we wake up my
little brother and of
course we had to stay
up and play with his
toys for awhile.

Pa got him a big tool
outfit and he's been
carp playing carpenter
ever since.
We were over to
Schneider's yesterday evening
but were home already
by 12.30. That wasn't so
bad, was it?
  Say I think I'll have
to quit writing pretty
soon cause the mail
carrier will soon be
around pretty soon. The
kids are making such
a racket that I can't
write decent. Any mistakes
that I make are not
my fault.

Say, I have a couple
of verses in my autograph
already. Rosie, Margaret
and Anton wrote in it
and Joe wrote 2 in already
I show it to you ( if I
see you again.)
  Well, so long and
good luck from Mary
P.S. It seems good to
be home where I can
be as lazy as I want to.
  Write to me this
week, will you even if I did
tell you not to.

It sounds like she had a good Christmas.
I wonder what kind of things the others wrote in her book. I wonder what Grandpa could have written in her autograph book.

Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

This was taken in 1971.

This was taken spring of 1945. Thomas had power put in.

This could be four of Grandpa and Grandma's children. No idea what year it was taken.

Well that's about all I have for you this time.
I hope you have a good weekend and stay warm. it's suppose to be on the cool side here this weekend and the next week. That's May in Wisconsin. It could be on the warm side and cool side all in the same week.
Till next time,
your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment