Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mary Kauer: Dec. 30, 1925 Rib lake, Wis

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. It was on the cool side and drizzly off and on Sunday to top things off.
This next letter, from Mary, is the last one from 1925.


As always here is what it says:

            Thursday, 12 noon

Dear Howard:-
       Thanks a lot for this
I think it's just jade Mrs. B.
says no one will be able to
steal my stationary now. She
brought the box up and she
said she wouldn't go until I
opened it. My writing is awful
here but I'm standing so don't blame
me.
John left this morning as he
has to be there tomorrow.
How is your cold now? Any
better or must I come and be
your nurse for awhile. I spose
Emma Roseen is gone by this
time or you could get her.

Ma was in here a few minutes
this morning. She said Anton
S slept all day Monday and all
Monday nite. He went to camp
Tuesday morning. Joe went Monday
but Mary S. was here yesterday
and she said Hank Becker was
home from camp and he said Joe
was so tired Monday evening that
he went to bed without supper. Well,
I was pretty tired myself. I was
getting dizzy already.
  I think I had better quit and
wash the dishes now or I'll get fired
oh say Mrs. Hiphs wants to come
back and stay up here but Clara
says Pete won't have it. Gee she'd
have a fit if she saw how things
go up here. Well so long love from
                                             Me.


Grandpa sure like to buy stationary for the girls that write him. But I think he spent more on Mary because it is personalized.
I wonder how long all these people were at the camp? Joe must really work extra hard if he was so tired.
I know I'm still not spelling the one name right, hopefully  soon I can get it spelled right, so bare with me.
Gee I wonder what kind of things went on there that might cause someone to have a fit?


Here are a few random pictures for you to see.

This one was to big to scan so I had to take a picture of it. At the bottom is a phrase in Swedish which translates to  "Praise the lord my soul!" As for the age of this one I think it might be from the 1890's, maybe.

 On the back it says, Aunt and Uncle Johnson. No idea who.

In honor of planting season here is a scene from a time gone by. I wonder who they are.

Well that's about all I have to share with you this time. I hope you will stop by on Friday for another post and the beginning of 1926.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment