Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mary Kauer: Dec. 22, 1925 Rib Lake

Hello Friends,
I had a really good weekend. Busy everyday. Saturday  I went to a birthday party for my nieces little boy who just turned one. At night was an event that celebrated a number of different people in the community who were recognized for different things. My dad was the last award of the evening, Lifetime Achievement Award.
 This is Dad, Mom, me, Lynne and her daughter and son, Ginger and her daughter. Why are we in an old firetruck? One thing dad had done over the years was be on the fire department. This was brought in as one of the tributes to him.It was a fun evening.
Congratulations Dad!
On Sunday we went and saw a movie, "The Avengers". It was okay. A little much computer generated action for my taste.
So it was a busy weekend.

Anyway here is the next letter from Mary:



  As always here is what it says:

                    Rib lake Wis
                    Dec. 22, 1925
Hello Howard;-
  Say, I'm writing this letter
while I'm tending the baby
so if its worse than usual
it's not my fault. Mrs. Hyke
and the kids went up to
Beckers to listen to the radio.
  I got your letters this noon
and was kind of surprised to
get them as I didn't expect any
till tomorrow. Thanks a lot
for the barrettes. They are

dandy. I couldn't imagine
who they were from, cause
you had them in a large
envelope and it was post-
marked Ashland & Spencer.
Please don't feel so bad
for I have no more right to
be sore at you than at my-
self. Forget it and you'll be
doing me a big favor.
Gee, I hope you'll be able
 to come the 2nd. I'd like to
go to the social.
Rosie was in this week

and I told her what a
good time I had and she
said she wished she had
been along.
Say I'll have to close,
it's getting late already
and I want to mail this
letter yet. I'll write more
when I get home.
Here's wishing you a merry
Xmas from Mary

The reason way she mentioned a baby is I think she was looking after it for, I don't think I spelled her name right, Mrs. Hyke.
She made it sound like Grandpa sent her two letters. I think one was a letter and the other was the barrettes.
I wonder if she went to the social with Grandpa?
Oh well, I hope they all had a good Xmas in 1925.

Well as always here a few random pictures for you to look at.

I don't know who this little one is. I picked it because of the newest royal baby born. The studio it was taken at was A.H. Matthes. Not sure where it was located.

No idea who these woman are.

This is Grandpa. It does say Howard Johnson on the back.

Well that's about all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed this history that has faded away,except for the recent one involving my dad.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment