Friday, May 15, 2015

Mary Kauer: Jan. 5, 1926 Rib lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was quiet before the major excitement. My youngest daughter is getting married. So it will be a very busy one.  I'll fill you in sometime in the future but for now I'll share with you the next letter from Mary. The first letter from 1926.




As always here is what it says:

              Rib Lake Wis
              Jan.4, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   well, since you prom-
ised to write first I guess
I'll write, too. it's early yet
and I don't know what
else to do. I spose I had
better go to bed. Five hours
sleep in two nites isn't
very much, is it? Say, I'm
using the pencil you got
from Thars but of course

you can't blame the
pencil for the scrawly
writing that I do.
  Have you seen your (little
sweetheart) since Sunday? Don't
tease her too much, you
know that's hard on a
person. All at once she'll
quit you and then, what
will you do? Then it'll be
too late to cry.
How did you feel this
morning. Did the boss fire
you for falling asleep on

the job? Wouldn't I laugh
at you then? I overslept
and didn't hear the alarm
at all. Mrs. Hipke woke
me and said, you better
get up, it's way after six.
Well, it didn't take me
very long to get up and
get breakfast. By that I
forgot all about being
tired.
How did you get home?
Were the roads all icy or
could you drive without

saying your last prayers
every minute.
Well, so long and good
luck from       Mary
Wilma is laughing so
much I can't write anymore

It sounds like the two of them still hang out together. But she still mentioned a sweetheart. I wonder if he was still seeing Rose. Or was it a distraction trying to make it sound like he was involved with someone other than her.
And you thought today was complicated. They had their own drama back then.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.


I don't know who they are. There is writing on the back but it's hard for me to make out. Maybe you can .

This is my cousin Jenny at age 11. It will be her birthday on Sunday.

No idea who these people are. Boy it sure looks more clear on the computer then the actual picture itself.

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I'll be a little busy this weekend. You know with a daughter getting married and all.
So till Tuesday. Have a great weekend.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment