Friday, October 23, 2015

Mary Kauer: Oct. 1, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
The work week is over for most. But there are some that have work. But that's life. What can you do.
Here is the next letter from Mary. Plus she added a little something with this letter.



As always for those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

                   Rib Lake Wisc.
                  Sept. Oct, 1, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   I got your letter this
morning and gave Mrs.
B. a kiss for it. Do you
think that was enough
for a letter of that
size? And it made
quite a trip, too
didn't it?
   Say, Mrs. Hipke just
said that they are
going visiting Sunday
so I'm quite sure that
I'll go home in the
morning. If I don't I'll
call you up.

Say, this won't be a
very long letter as I
want to sew at my dress
yet. It's too hard sewing
in the evening. And
gee I've got so much
sewing ahead yet. John wants
me to make some curtains
for him and I've got some
things I'm going to make
for my hopeless chest
and Mrs. B. says I
can make her a scarf
for a dresser for Xmas so
that's a pretty strong
hint. Mary Schneider has
such a lot of things
made for herself that

I thot I better get busy, too.
  Well, I don't know any
other news so goodbye
for this time.
   love from Mary
P.S. I read all that
Swedish paper you sent
me.

Boy I wonder if I will ever find a letter that he wrote to someone. I know the chances are very very low.
As for the little something she added she wrote above it:

"Maybe you can get one at a bargain."

I do wonder why she added that to the letter? Did grandpa talk about having babies a lot to her? Or has she been thinking about having a baby? Questions where the answers have faded away never to be answered.
For those of you that have never heard of a "Hopeless Chest",the formal name is "Hope Chest", it is a chest a woman use to store things she hoped to use in her future or things for her wedding of her dreams.
I know how hard it is at the end of one month and the beginning of the next to remember when the new one starts.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

I thought since she mentioned babies I would share a picture of  a few young girls. No idea though who the are. The baby in the chair looks very serious.

No clue who this is or when it was taken.

Someone classmate named Fred from '60.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you have a good weekend.I hope that people stay safe on the west coast of Mexico with a very strong Hurricane headed their way.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment