Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Mary Kauer: Sept. 14, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
It's me again. I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was quiet. it is starting to get cooler out. I started putting away my out door summer decorations and trimmed a few plants. I know there are things in other places that are spinning out of control. The weather for one. Maybe  a hundred years from now they will looking back on these events as history that has faded from anyone memory.
Enough of that, here is the next letter from Mary.



For those who find it hard to read, here is what it says:

Dear Howard:-
   This won't be a
very long letter but I
just want to let you know
that I'm still alive and
not mad.
  I went to get your
pictures but they weren't
finished yet so I couldn't
send them.

How is your mother?
And how did you get
home? All right I hope.
I went to see Mary
Schneider this afternoon
then I had my hair
cut and then I went to
see Mary Daubest. She
works at Kalmons Restaurant.
Then Albert Ziemke came
to see her and I went
for a ride with them

Say I guess I better
quit now else this
letter won't go out tonite
any more
           Love from M.K.

Not a whole lot here to comment on. I wonder what kind of pictures she was going to pick up for Grandpa. Have I already shown some of them to you?
I wonder if Mary Daubest and Albert Ziemke were an item back then?
I wonder how long Kalmon's Restaurant was around? I know a number of Kalmon's, I wonder if they are related to the owners of it.
Just more things that have past into a forgotten history never to be known of again.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

This is Grandpa standing on top of the hay pile. I don't know what year. Maybe it was one of the ones he had Mary pick up.

No idea what year this one was taken but notice the three little ones on the right side. They are three of Grandpa and Grandma's boys.

This is Bob. From the class of '56. No idea what his last name is.

Well that's about all I have for you today.
I hope you can come back again soon for some more Faded History.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment