Friday, October 16, 2015

Mary Kauer: Sept. 24, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
Well it's the end of another week and now we have the weekend to look forward to. It's starting to get colder around here. I think we have seen the last of high 60's and low 70's for this year. It is the middle of Oct. already. Where did the year go? I guess it's time to start getting ready to bundle up more and get close the house up for the winter that will be here sooner then we want.
Enough of that, here is the next letter from Mary.




As always for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

Hello Howard:-
  I got your letter &
cards today and thanks
a lot for them. Tell
Thomas thanks for me
will you?
  I s'pose you got my
letter now. I mailed
it Wed. evening.
  Say, Howard would

you care if Mary
Schneider came along
Sunday? She asked
me today what I
was going to do Sun.
I guess she wanted
to come out home
with me. She doesn't
want to go to her
home. She says her
dad is sore at her and

growls so much. If
you would rather she
didn't come or if your
mother is more sick
again then call me up
tomorrow and we'll
come some other Sunday
   With Love Mary

I wonder why he sent her a letter and cards? What could have been the special occasion? Or was it just because and part of his plan to win her over more.
I wonder how sick his mother was at this time?
Not a whole lot here. Just an average everyday kind of letter.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

I think this picture is from the 1920's. Grandpa is sitting there in front but I don't know who is sitting behind him.


This is Grandpa's brother Alfred in their living room in St. Paul Oct. 1, 1960.

In this picture are my cousins David, Paul and Howie. Taken in the 70's I think.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you enjoy your weekend.
I also hope you can come back again for some more faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment