Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mary Kauer: Sept. 22, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I did. We had gone up to Tim's Hill, Wis. highest point, To see the color of the trees before it was gone. It was worth it. A lot of other people had the same idea.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary.



 As always for those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

              Rib Lake, Wis.
              Sept. 22, 1926
Dear Howard:-
  I got your letter this
morning and certainly
was surprised to get it.
You certainly must
like to write better
than I do or you
couldn't write so often.
And I don't see how
you can always think

of so much to write. I
guess your head. ( I mean
the inside of it) must be
bigger than mine or
maybe it's your heart.
Mrs. Hipke didn't say
anything about you being
up here. She doesn't care
as long as I do my
work.
My throat is all O.K.
again. So now I can

scold as much as ever
I'm glad it is because
I could hardly eat and
you know how hard
that would be on me.
Of course I don't eat
such a lot but then I
like to eat once in a
while. Well so long
and good luck and
don't work too hard now
that it isn't raining.
           Love from Mary.

Well not a lot here. I wonder how much Grandpa wrote when he wrote a letter. It's one thing I hope that someday I will find an answer but I know the odds of finding one of his letters to someone is very low.
It's good to know she is feeling better and that her throat is feeling better.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.


No idea who this is. I think the name of the studio is Lawson. From Wesssington Springs, S.D. I wish I knew when it was taken.

No idea who these young people are or when it was taken.

Someone named Judy. Someone classmate, but who's?

Well that's all I have to share with you today. I hope you have a good week and hopefully you can drop by again real soon for another letter and random pictures from history that has all most faded completely away.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment