Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Mary Kauer: Oct. 5, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis.

Hello Friends,
It's me again. I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was nice and quiet. No drama for me. Just the way I like it.
Here is the next letter from Mary.


As always for those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

                  Oct. 5, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   Thanks a lot
for the candy and
the two letters. You
ought to get a prize
for writing letters. I
think I should too, don't
you? My letters are
all so real love letters
aren't they?
I couldn't write a
love letter if I had
to. I wasn't cut out for
such stuff.
 Say, all I can say
today is hello & goodbye

It's almost 5.30 and
I've got an awful stack
of work yet.
  So goodbye till
next time.
   Love from Mary

Not a whole lot here. I think it sounds more like just a thank you letter. For him to write two letter and candy tells me he must have liked to write. I know I will never see any of the letters he wrote. But some of the women  mention his lengthy letters.  I know this blog would be a lot more interesting if I could share at least some of his letters with everyone. Then we could all see how he actually wrote.

Since it was a short letter I thought I would share a few jokes from the joke book.


And a picture from the scrap book.

 "Twenty-Seven-Month-Old Jean McElroy is shown on her
arrival in San Francisco Tuesday from Shanghai after an un-
accompanied trip across the Pacific ocean. Her mother died in
China and she was brought to her father, a Los Angeles resident.
A ship's stewardess took care of her and en route three couples
sought to adopt her."

Now here are some random pictures for you to look at.

Just one of the portrait pictures of an unknown person. No idea when it was taken.

No idea who they are or when it was taken.

Someones classmate from school.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today. I hope you have a good week and that you drop by again real soon for some more faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment