Friday, October 9, 2015

Mary Kauer: Sept. 16, 1926 Rib Lake, Wis

Hello Friends,
The end of the week is upon us again. I hope it doesn't  goes too fast.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary. This one is a little longer this time. 4 pages.




For those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

                    Rib Lake Wis.
                    Sept. 16, 1926
Hello Howard:-
   Well, seeing you quit
Rib Lake this week I'll
have to write again.
  Mary Schneider was
up here until just now
so I heard all the latest
news. You see I never
go out that's the reason
I never know whats

going on in Rib Lake.
I was out yesterday.
I had the baby out
all afternoon. That's
what you call being in
safe company.
So Ed is really going out
west. What's the trouble?
Didn't he and Luella make
up any more?
I guess Anton Kauer &
Joseph and Walter Schneider
are coming home pretty

soon.
You asked how George D.
was. Well, I guess he's all
right again. Mary D. said
he worked again Monday
nite.
Say Howard, I don't know
if we can come Sunday. I
forgot all about it that
Anton is s'pose to get
my cousin from Chelsea.
Maybe he can get them

in the forenoon if we
don't have to stay in church
too long and then we'll come.
Aren't you coming to
R.L. some time or are
you too busy now. And
say if we don't come up
you are coming anyhow
aren't you? Or doesn't Thomas
want to stay home next
Sunday. Your mother isn't
any worse is she?
Anna Mae asked me once  Love Mary

I wonder if Ed did go out west and how far west did he go?
I wonder how often Grandpa went to Rib Lake?
I hope his mother (my Great Grandma) was not to sick for to long.
Just more questions that will not be answered because they have already faded away.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

No idea who this could be or exactly when it was taken.

This is I think Grandma's parents but I don't know who the young girl is.

This is Joe Weinzatl. Someones classmate.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I do have one thing for you to think about. If you could put a time capsule that would be open in a hundred years, what would you put in it?  Just something for you to think about.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment