Friday, December 25, 2015

Mary Kauer: Jan. 19, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis

Dear Friends,
I know it is Christmas, but I have a schedule to maintain. So to tell you the truth, I'm starting this on Thursday and will finish, well today.
This is a long letter so here it is:






 For those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

          Rib lake Wis
          Jan. 19, 19267
Dear Howard:-
  I got both of your
letters today so I'll try
and answer right away.
But gee, Howard I don't
think that you had
such a lot of reason to
feel blue. I told you
Xmas that I would go
to parties. You must

think it is lots of fun to stay
here all week and all day Sunday
and listen to the kids crying.
Clara is gone almost every nite,
if she isn't working in the store
she goes to lodge or out visiting
so I don't as much as get a chance
to go and see Agnes Schneider
during the week. Gee, why don't
you go out too. I can't help it
if your mother and Thomas
don't think you should. But I
can't do that and stay home
all the time. I'll get so darn
cross and crabby that I don't
know what to do with myself.
And when it comes to being
true to you I guess I'm just
as true to you as you are to
me but that doesn't mean

that I've got to be tied
to you all the time. If
you don't trust me any
more than just when I'm
with you, you don't trust
me very darn much. And
if you can't be true to
me at all unless you
are with me or are stay-
ing at home, well I'd like
to know what you would
do if we were married.
Then I certainly couldn't

trust you very far.
And when I told you I'd
go to parties you said,
well alright, as long as I
don't kiss anyone. Well, I
didn't and I don't intend
to.
But about going to
Moors, I can't promise
you that I won't go there
or won't go with them.
Because I don't th intend
to make a promise that

I'd be sure to break. Mary &
Agnes Schneider, Alvera Hingst, one
married couple, the musician and
his daughter and a couple of
fellows from town were on Moors
sled. Leonard was in front
driving and I didn't say more
than hello and goodnight to
him.
 When you called up Monday
nite I had just finished bathing
the baby and then while I was
talking to you Pete came home
from Medford and wanted some
supper so then I don't know
whether I said goodbye to you
or not.
Say we are having a party
Sunday so if you can come I

wish you would.
 I got a letter from
John today and he
said they're choir is
giving broad casting
Friday nite at 7 o'clock
station WAIU American
Insurance company Union
Well, so long, maybe
You'll be sore at me now
    Love from Mary

Well it sounds like they might have been having an issue with trust. I wonder what he wrote in the 2 letters she got in one day.
It does sound like they might have hit a ruff spot where their trust in on another was being tested.
I wonder what songs they sang for the broadcast.


Since it is Xmas day here is another Christmas card for you



Best Wishes for
a very Merry Xmas
and a Happy New Year
             Helen.

After typing this up, I realized how long it was so instead of post any new pictures maybe I'll find some past ones to share with you again.

 A Christmas tree from the past.

Just hanging around on top of the log pile.

A picture from a logging camp.

Well that's all I have to share with you today.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment