Friday, December 18, 2015

Mary Kauer: Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
The week is over, almost. I still have to work on Saturday. Plus I have to start 2 Hours earlier on Monday!! It's hard to believe that Xmas is a week away. I'm really not ready for it or in the mood. I think it might be for the fact that it does not look like winter around here. For me there has to be snow on the ground. But the way it looks there will maybe be a very little bit of snow on the ground. As far as I know none of the lakes or even rivers are frozen so if your into ice fishing, bring a boat.
Anyway here is the next letter from Mary. The reason there is no date is because Uncle Peter took the stamp off the envelope plus she did not date it. So I think this is where this letter belongs.


As always fro those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

Dear Howard:-
  I s'pose you are cussing
at me again for not answer-
ing but I was so sleepy Sat.
evening that I couldn't write.
I didn't have to work so
much tho last week because
Clara was only sick a day.
I was home again yesterday
and in the afternoon we teacher,
Rose, Margaret, & I went to Daubert's
and then I stayed there for
the nite and came to town
this morning with George and
Mr. I was here already at 6.30
What are you doing now,

are you still working? Or did
they fire you already?
Say you asked me the
other time if you could tell
Anna what pa said, sure
you can if you want to.
Gee, I can't think of any news
at all so I'll have to quit for
tonite. Anton was home Sunday
and he had a face like a
Chinaman. I guess he had a tooth
ache all week. I feel sorry for
him because I know what
that is.
  Well so long and love
               from M.K.
                            Kauer
P.S. This letter is all blotted
up but I don't want to write it over.

I hope I did put this letter in the right spot. It's not a very newsy kind of  letter. I hope Anton got over his tooth problem quickly.
I wonder what her pa said that Grandpa wanted to tell Anna about.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at:

This is Henry Hallberg. No idea who he was or when it was taken.

A picture from someones class trip. This is Marianne.

A winter picture of the garage at the farm. No idea when it was taken but the trees on the right side are not as tall as I remember them from when I was growing up.

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you come back again for more faded history.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment