Friday, January 22, 2016

Luella: March 1, 1927 Marquette Mich

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was drama free. I am looking forward to the weekend. Nothing really planned, just two days off. It is slowing down at work. It always slow down this time of year for me.

This next letter I'll be showing you is a little different. I'm not sure who wrote it for sure and where is was suppose to go. I do wonder if there is a possibility that maybe Grandpa wrote it. If he did it gives a sample of how he wrote to the different girls.
So here it is, you decide:


As always here is what it says:

            Marquette Mich
             March 1st 1927
Dearest Luella:-
               Yours came
like like a spring breeze
on a morning when I
was in the "dumps" so
to speak. You know one
of those days when every-
thing goes wrong and you
feel there simply is
no use.
  And Ellie Low you
are a girl after me own
heart. Well do I remember
when I used to get the
"riot act" read to me

Drop in- I haven't
time to write Ha!
           L.A.

It's a short letter. But I think it might incomplete. I think there should have been more but that was all the was in the envelope. There was no stamp on the envelope. So I have no idea where this letter really came from. It would be great if it was a sample of Grandpa's writing. Then I could understand why a few of the girls said his letters were "mushy".
I guess it will just have to be one of those great mysteries that will never be solved.


Here are a few random pictures for you to look at.

Not sure what is going on here but it looks like it could be from the 1920's.

This might be from May 1958. It's could be a family get together. It looks like some of the Johnson boys are on the left back side.

This is my uncle Leo.

I guess I can show you a picture from the scrap book.

 The rugged country that surrounds the Camp Bird mine near Ouray, Col., is shown in this
picture. A snowslide Monday killed two men and a woman when the bunkhouse and mill
of the mine were demolished.
I just thought with the East Coast having a big snow storm I would share a snow issue from the past.

 Well that's all I have to share with you today.
Stay warm and safe. And if you get snowed in somewhere, just find a good book.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment