Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mary Kauer: Feb. 25, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope this post finds everyone well. I'm good. The weekend for me was uneventful for me. It was colder then I like it to be but, it's suppose to get warmer as the week goes by.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary:



As always fro those who find it hard to read here is what it says:

                  Rib Lake Wis
Dear Howard:-
   This won't be a very
long letter as I want
Florence to mail it for
me when she goes to
school. But it will be
long enough so I can
say I wrote a little to
you.
  Say, Hannah Roseen

is working here in town. She
was up here last nite. I saw
her in the store in the afternoon
with McLeods kids and I was so
surprised I guess I just stood
there with my mouth open.
She said they wanted Anna
to come but she didn't think
she could do it so Hannah came
in her place.
  Mary Schneider was she
Wed. morning and then when
Clara got up she happened to
sit on that broken chair and
she told Mary we broke it.
I don't know whether she
just said that to tease or
whether she knew we did it.
  Well, I don't know any-

thing else so goodbye
      Love from Mary.

I wonder why she was so surprised to see Hannah Roseen with the Mcleods kids.
I wonder, the chair she mentioned that was broken, if she and Grandpa broke it or if she and someone else broke it.And if they did break it, what were they doing to break it?
I enjoy reading these letters but from time to time I wish I knew more about some of things she writes about. The stories are so incomplete sometimes. But that's what you have to deal with, history that has faded from everyone's memories. I guess this is where a good imagination can come in. Or if you are good at reading between the lines, you might figure it out or get yourself in a whole lot of trouble for saying or seeing things that were never there.


Here is a picture from the scrap book.
Giant Zeppelin in Difficulty on Its Maiden Flight From South America
Germany's newest and largest zeppelin, the Hindenburg, reported serious motor trouble over Morocco late Thursday on its way back from its maiden voyage to Rio de Janelro and was limping toward its home base at Friedrichshafen, Germany. This picture was made as the Hindenburg flew over the English channel on its westward trip.

Here are a few random pictures for you to look at:

This was taken July 4, 1938 On the back it says; Alfred, Selma, ?, Lois, Ma & Pete.

No idea who is in this picture or when it was taken.

Someones class mate.

Well that's all I have for you today.
I hope you will come back again soon for some more faded history.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment