Friday, January 1, 2016

Mary Kauer: Jan. 24, 1927 Rib Lake, Wis.

Dear Friends,
Well it's the start of another year. The last one had it's moments as does every year. I wonder what this year has in store for all of us. I hope it's something amazingly great and positive.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Mary:



As always for those that find it hard to read here is what it says:

               Rib Lake Wis
               Monday. 3 P.M.
Dear Howard:-
  I just got your
letter now and thanks
very much for it. That
is a real letter. But
you don't need to feel
so bad about what I
said about being good.
I know you try and so
do I but you see how
much good it does.

What you said about going
West wouldn't be so bad in
one way as I don't see how
else we could be good Do you?
But maybe the girls out there
would be so much nicer and
prettier that you'd never come
back. What's Ed going to do?
Is he coming back next fall?
Well, I guess I had better
quit as I'm S'pose to take the
baby out for a ride. I won't
take her far as my feet are
so sore. I walked to town last
nite after the party. We had
a pretty good time but walk-
ing alone wasn't much fun.

Agnes S. and Alvera Hinger
stayed out home over
nite and came in this
morning. They don't have
to be here before school
starts.
      Goodbye Love from
                      M.K.
Thanks for saying what
you did about going
to parties. I hope I get
over being so crazy about them before next fall

The start of this letter sounded a lot like the last one. I almost thought it was the same one, at first.
I wonder if he wrote a lot about feeling bad about a number of different things and she would feel like she had to tell him not to feel so bad. It almost sounds like a game they played with each other.
Not a whole lot here. It does sound like she goes to more parties then she wished she did but she could not resist going to them. I wonder why she wanted to be over them before the next fall.
I wonder if Grandpa was thinking about going west for a while or was he just saying it. Just another question that will never be answered.

Here a few random pictures for you to look at:

I'm not sure right now but, I think this is Grandma. I'll let you know later once I find out.
I found out it was not Grandma but her sister Frances, Rosella's Mother.

The Grandpa I remember.

My dad. If it was in color you would see all the freckles and red hair.

Well that's all I have for you today.
Once again I want to wish you all a very Happy new year.
Till next time.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment