Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Nellie Currier: April 18, 1928 Manchester N.H.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. No drama. Just the way I like it. The rest of the country, not so much. So let me take you away  from the here and now and take you back in time.
Here is the next letter from Nellie:






As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                    485 Lake Shore Rd,
                    Manchester N.H.
                    4/17/28
Dear Howard:-
  I am taking my
pencil in hand to answer
your letter that came to
me this morning. We are
having some very nice
weather over here in
Manchester. Anyone would
think we were having
summer over here now. It is

               2.
to bad you are having snow
now.
What is the make of
your car Howard?
We didn't have enough snow
all winter to have to have the
snowplow come through.
I hope you had a happy
birthday. Mine is a long
ways off yet. It won't come
until November.
I guess if nothing happens
your brother will get his
letter a few days before you

              3.
get mine because Hazel
sent hers two or three days
ago. Yes, I think if a couple
get married they ought to
keep their own religion be-
cause I know my father &
mother did.
We are sending away to get
a film and will have some
pictures taken next week
to send away.
I have got just two other
letters from the club that
I have cared anything about
of course I have wrote lot of
others but got no answers.

               4.
I hope you will excuse
this poor written letter
because I have a peachie
cold and can't seem to write
very good. So I guess you
will won't you, Howard?
I am closing this
very poor letter to you &
hope I can write better
the next time. Ha! Ha!
Bye Bye Howard
Hope I will hear from you soon
                  from a far away
                           friend.
                  Nellie Currier

( This was written on the inside of the envelope flap)
Apples are good,
But peaches are better.
And it you're not disappointed,
Please answer this letter.

It sounds like they weather was just as unpredictable then as it is now from day to day and year to year.
Grandpa's birthday was April 10. So at this time he is 28 years old.
I like that she was open minded about religion.
I wonder if Thomas wrote to Hazel and if he did how long they wrote to each other?
I hope her cold was not to bad.
I wonder if the little poem she wrote on the flap was original or if it was popular back then.
I wonder how much longer before she includes a picture?

Here is the next two viewer cards from the Childhood Fun set:

 Baby and Bunny.
Playing Grandma.

I wonder how long that bunny sat on the little boys lap.
What would your little one look like if they played Grandma?

Here is random picture for you to look at:

I'm not 100% sure but this might be Thomas. If is isn't I will correct it. That is if anyone knows for sure.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again soon for more Fading History.
Till then stay cool.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment