Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Nellie Currier: April 9, 1928 Manchester, N.H.

Dear friends,
I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. Mine was very good. The weather was perfect and there was no major dramas for me but there was a tragedy. Two people were on a motorcycle and they hit a deer. Last I heard the man died and the woman was not in good condition. She use to work where I work but quit a number of years ago. I should know more by the time I post again.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Nellie:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                #485 Lake Shore Rd
                Manchester
                               N.H.
                                  4/7/28
Dear Howard:-
   I have received your
surprising letter to-day and
am taking the pleasure to
answer it.
Over here in Manchester we
are having some very nice
weather and hope it stays
so because it has been so
soft and muddy in the
roads that not even the

             2.
mailman can come through, I
told the mailman the last time
I saw him to walk if he couldn't
get through but he wouldn't. I am
living on a small farm at present
which is a mile and a half
from the city Carline.
Now Howard I am sorry to state
that I have no photo just now
but hope to have some taken by
the time you write again.
Hazel (my chum) said that she would
write to your brother, so warn him
because she may write any hr.
My mother is protestant and my
father is Catholic, but my mother
left us about 8 years ago and so
whenever I go to church I go to the
Catholic one as it is my fathers religion
But it doesn't seem to make much
difference nowadays does it. Howard.

                 -3-
I can't seem to think
of anything more to
say this time so I guess
I will have to close in
hopes that your brother
gets some strangers
news.
                 Goodnite
             I remain as a friend
                 Nellie Currier
                   485 Lake Shore Rd
                   Manchester
                                N.H.
P.S. Be sure
and write
soon Howard heh?

 And here I always thought that nothing could stop the mailman from delivering the mail. But it sound like back then a very muddy road could.I wonder if Thomas ever wrote to her friend, Hazel.
It kind of sounds like she didn't go to church very often.
I guess the kind of  religion you were back then didn't matter to her.
I tried to find Carline N.H., but could not find it. I wonder if she misspelled it or if it does not exist today.

Here are the next two viewer cards from the Childhood Fun set:

 A Bushel of Puppies.
A born Inventor.

There are seven puppies in the basket.
I wonder how many inventive young people did this kind of thing back then.

Now here is a random picture fro you to look at.

This is Larry Slaton from the class of 1957.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will drop by real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment