Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Harriet: Oct. 9, 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I don't know about where you are but it's been very foggy around here. I want to see sun shine, Please!!! But I suppose before that happens we will get snow again.
Oh well, here is the next letter from Harriet:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

              Chicago, Ill
              Saturday P.M.
Dearest Sweetheart Howard
Received your darling letter
and it certainly made me happy
to hear from you again.
How's every thing with you?
Fine I hope.
Have a terrible cold spah I
could send it to you. But am
not that generous ha! ha!
Have only worked two days
all week as our department got
slack so we was sent home
for a few days.
Was kind of nice to have
another vacation I am a lady of
leisure- Not so bad eh!
Went out to see Lucia yesterday

                  2:
It took me about two hours to get
there. So was that a ride.
I didn't tell you that I was over
to see Edna a couple weeks ago. They
came and called for me was there
for dinner and stayed over night.
and they took me to work the next
morning. Sure was nice of them
Gee it is so lonesome to-day. Haven't
a thing in the world to day Wish
you was here honney to keep me
from getting lonesome.
Am going to night and take
in a show I guess.
What's all the news up there
Is Runbergs still a going. Do you
ever go out there any more.
Do you see Violet very often
Haven't heard from her for some
time. Suppose she is busy with
all her (boy friends)-

             -3-
Have you heard from Walter W. lately
What did he say about me. Tell me
in your next letter. Haven't talked to
him just lately.
Well as lunch is ready I think
I will sign off my broadcasting
station (HPL) for this time
With heaps of love & kisses from
                 Your only Sweetheart
                         Harriet
Please answer soon
Don't wait as long as I did
HONNEY
SWAK
xxxx
xx
x

I hope her cold didn't last to long.
I wonder if she will see Walter any time soon.
I wonder what show she saw.
I wonder where she worked and why they were slow at time.
So much wondering about things that happened so many years ago.

Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:


With this Ring I thee Wed.

I like that it comes with so many different languages. 6.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

(  Photo by Hugh Cecil, London; Copyright 1936 NEA Service Inc.)
In this most recent official portrait, King Edward VIII, England's new
ruler is wearing the uniform of Admiral of the Fleet- the same uniform in
which he appeared before the Privy Council shortly after King George V's
death to make the touching speech in which he pledged to pattern his reign
as a constitutional monarch after that of his father.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

Not sure who they are or when it was taken. But I'm sure someone will tell me.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment