Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Harriet: Sept. 28, 1928 Chicago, Ill.

Dear Friends,
I don't know about you but I had a good weekend.My daughter and her husband did a reveal on when they are having. It was an exploding target that my husband shot. The woods in our back yard is now kind of pink. It's a girl! Going to have a granddaughter. Yeah!!!
Anyway, here is the next letter from Harriet:



As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                      Chicago Ill.
                      September 28, 1928
Dearest Beloved
     Just a little note in response
to your pleasantly surprising
letter which I received some
days ago.
 My dear you need not
be bashful in showing me how
you feel towards me.
Which I hope you will show
in action when I see you
next summer.
I will be very very lovable
with lots of kisses for my (hot pappa)
I just can't wait until I see
you again "honney".
Then 'Oh boy' won't we have fun.

              -2-
we will cuddle up close and
sing a baby song__It won't be
lonesome for either one of us
I didn't want to tell you when I
was home just how crazy I was
over you, but dearest I will
admit that I love you very much
Oh! by the way where did you get
those eyes. Where did you get
those lips. Same place as mine
You sure picked out a beauties
you sweetheart.
Well hows our "bungalow"
coming. I will consider myself the
happiest girl in the whole world
by having the opportunity to live
in your "bungalow".
 Say listen "boy friend" I want
you to tell me next summer just
how much you love me, and
I am going to try and tell
you how much I love you.

              -3-
I'll say try because I don't
think I could tell you how
much I care for you-
You will never know honney
but you will find out some day.
well honney I'll have to close
for the present.
With oceans of love and a
hair on every wave
Till the sands of the desert
grows cold.
                I am
          Your beloved
             Sweetheart
               Harriet
Answer
immediately
                            SWAK

Interesting letter. A sweetheart kind of letter. I wonder if they got together the next summer or not.
I know I got a few words wrong, sorry.
Hot Pappa ? Not sure what to say about that one, but okay....
Can't wait to see what her next letter will be like.

Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:

(3) The wedding March.

I like the different dresses the girls are wearing. If you notice the bride is standing off to the side.

Here are a couple of pictures from the scrap book:


(below 1st picture)
The swollen Ohio river moved westward toward Cincinnati Monday while Pittsburgh pressed re-
habilitation work. This picture sent on a portable transmitter shows men clearing away debris
from a Pittsburgh store_ A.P. wirephoto.
(Below 2nd)
A False alarm brought on this panic in Johnstown, Pa. Citizens are shown fleeing to the hills
after a report was received that the dam on Conemaugh creek had broken just as it did in
1889 when more than 2,000 died. The dam held, however- Copyright, 1936, Universal Newsreel.

1936 was a year for bad weather.
I wonder who panicked people into believing  the dam broke. Fake news, even back then.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

No idea who they are or where it was taken, just the date it was developed.

Well that's about all I have to share with you today.
It's suppose to be very warm around here this week so a lot of snow will melt. One big sloppy mess to deal with.
I hope you will drop by again soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment