Friday, January 20, 2017

Helen Balusik: Oct. 7, 1928 Phillips, Wis.

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week. Mine was the same as always. The weather is warm causing the snow to melt faster. It can be slippery and slushy. The snow is sliding off the roof so you have to be careful around some buildings.
Anyway, here is the next letter from Helen:




As always, for those that find it hard to read, here is what it says:

                  Phillips, Wis.
                      Oct. 7-28
Dear Howard:-
       Sorry to keep you
waiting so long for an
answer but I really
haven't written many
letters at all this summer.
I suppose it's same way
with you busy all the
time.
I'm so thankful we
are through with the spuds
at last took us
about two weeks.
My sister & Anna Novy
went to the city about
three weeks ago. I sure
do miss them even
now that I should be
use to it.
I don't know when

         2
I'm going whenever I
get tired of it here I
guess.
Last night I was to
the station to see some
of my friends off-I
am sort of tired of the
city. Have been there
long enough.
I was to Sunday School
this afternoon. The
crowd was so small
it makes such a
difference.
Haven't we had some
nice cold weather
after the fair. Sure seemed
like winter was at hand.
You asked me if I
was to the fair, yes I
was on Tuesday &
Thursday

      3
I didn't think it was
good at all this year
did you?
Wasn't my brother lucky
to get a prize on his cheese?
I'll say he was.
I could have laughed
when you wrote you
were as far as our box
well, you sure were not
very far from here.
From the boxes you can
see our house it's yellow
it's the first house on
the side road, there is
an empty house across
our place.
If you care to you
could drop in some
Sunday evening. I usually
am home on a Sunday nite.

            4
But you let me know
whenever you do plan
on coming up this way, eh?
Well, it's getting to be
pretty late, seems I'm
all out of ambition to
write tonite so I can't
write you a long one
this time.
    Hoping I may hear
from you again
       Your friend
      "Helen"

I wonder if the two of them got together at all that summer.
I wonder what kind of cheese her brother won a prize for?
I wonder how cold it was around the fair that year?
So many wonders and no answers.

Here is the next viewer card from "The Wedding" set:

 (4) The Bride.
I didn't notice the words on the back.
I think this is showing it in different languages.Pick your out.

Here is a picture from the scrap book:

In 1929, Al Smith congratulating the newly elected New York governor, Franklin D. Roosevelt.

I thought that with a new leader starting today, I would show you one from the past.

Here is a random picture for you to look at:

Just a random picture of a log haul. No idea who could be in the picture.

Well, that's about all I have to share with you today.
I'm kind of tired, long day. Lots of walking for me.
I hope you will come back again real soon for more Fading History.
Till then.
Your friend,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment